Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7m swap write up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superflyOffline
Total posts: 12
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: 7m swap write up Reply with quote

well i guess its time...

as you can see my peppy little 22re has been pulled. (4 sale..btw) it was a great motor, served me well but 200 hp will be nice . i will begein putting the 7m in tommow

heres what i got.
7mge 50,000 miles, rebuilt top end
7mge bellhousing
1 grey harness
1 yellow harness
1 automatic ecu
2 manual ecu's
5mge motor mounts
1 v6 radiator
1 electric fan
and 1 1985 4runner thats about to get its world rocked!!
superflyOffline
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt get much done tonight on the motor, but i did decide that while the motor is out, and i have space, i would replace my steering box. so i put in a ported box i got from "suisuki" i believe it was ported by scott howell. anyways it went in nice

and here is a pic the new beast as it sits:D

ShepOffline
Total posts: 23
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good...keep us posted!
superflyOffline
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url=http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00254st5.jpg][/URL

my parts pile is almost complete.. these motor mounts are from lc engineering and they look like they will do the trick. they cost me $117 but ive prolly easily spent that in the past year at pep boys in 20 dollar mounts that only last one trail(if your lucky). these are neat because they are not ALL metal so it can give a little but has a bolt going through it so it will NOT break

hopefully the motor will be in the truck tomorrow. but my garage space is being threatened(i somehow affended the owner ) so we shall see
superflyOffline
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it fits!! i test fitted the motor and it looks like its going to bolt right in! The power steering bracket doesnt fit the pump ive got so i need to run to a junk yard and sort that out and ive got a few vacum lines i need to figure out but its really coming along nice

superflyOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tinkered with it a bit today and i got the power steering good to go, and i figured out where all the vacum lines and other things go(i studied an 89 non turbo supra at pick and pull for a few hours) now i need to figure out how im going to mount the radiator/electric fan. and i need to weld my front clip back together:D(i sazalled my front clip off to give me more room to work with and so i wouldnt have to remove my tranny)
superflyOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive pulled my motor in and out about 10 times in past 2 weeks, each time noticing sumthing new touching the fire wall, and the last time i pulled it i noticed some sort of plate missing off of the back of the motor so after a few trips to junk yards and more bashing of the fire wall the motor is back bolted in place, and now im going to go back in the garage to get it plumbed and ready for wiring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: