Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2jz vvti in a BMWe36

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WheelbaseOffline
Total posts: 7
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: 2jz vvti in a BMWe36 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
Just joined the web-site and I'm looking for some help! I have a 95 BMW E36 and I've just had a mechanic take out my 1jz gte and fit a 1998 Aristo 2jz gte vvti engine. I heard it running today 17/1/08 but the mechanic is telling me it's only producing 80% of the power due to 'NOT HAVING' the original Aristo computer linked to the 'Throttle Assembly' he told me that the 2jz gte vvti engine has an electronic throttle assemby and not a mechanical one as like the 1 and 2 jz non-vvti's. It's also changing gear at about 5500 rpm is this normal? (I thought it would rev till about 6500 rpm before the ecu cut in? The standard Aristo ECU has been wired in by the way...I've also taken pictures of the transplant for anyone wishing to see the results?
I would really appriciate some advice... Wink
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, not sure on that.

I would take this one over the www.supraforums.com

I don't have any experience with the VVTI setups.
WheelbaseOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the information. But, I have just been informed by the mechanic (26/1/2008) that the shop that supplied him the engine, gave him the "Wrong ECU" Hummmm! The car was sent to a diagnostic/dyno expert who discovered the problem. The new ECU has been fitted and it's running at 100%, I should be getting the car back early next week, so I'll post a picture of the engine set-up for the guys.
By the way this is the same engine that was fitted to the MK iV Supra, so it should go like stink! Laughing Laughing Regards, Wheelbase Cool
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics? video?

I have a friend that wants to do this in his BMW.
WheelbaseOffline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Photos for everyone Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Just got my car back from the mechanic. "Mama Mia" sure feels a 'hell of a lot of differance' from the "1 J". The guy changed the air intake volume diameter, fuel pump and fuel sensor. Exaust is 3" straight through with resinator box only. OBD ll remapped ECU. Dyno set-up says 380 BHP??? Car ways-in at 1,350 kilo's so power to weight ration is 'kin blinding!!!"
I think I need to buy some diapers for when I give it 'some stick!'

Wheelbase Twisted Evil

Hey superRunner how do I upload the photos onto the site???
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, you can't. You need to host them somewhere else and link them using tags.
WheelbaseOffline
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
I'm a member of the "E36 & E34" club here in Thailand. I'll get my buddy to up-load them onto the sight and give you guys the details. It may be in Thai so I'll get my buddy to explain in detail...
Regards, Wheelbase Very Happy
SimonE34Offline
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Hi y'all Reply with quote

I am a new member and glad to be a part of this site...and a friend of wheelbase...and I am working on hookin' y'all up to the pics and maybe a video of this "Bad boy" of a car.......I sat in it for the first time today ......and I wouldn't know how to begin telling you the diffrence between the 1Jz-gte and the Bad Arse 2Jz-gte vvti........let just say that even the OWNER of this car looks abit "shakey" in his own car and I have seen this man drive and handles souped up cars before.....It's funny for me to see him looking nervous ....anyhow...the engine is running very smoothly, no vibration what so ever as if the darn thing just came out of the factory. even though the 1jz was mildly tuned and gives out this high rev-ish noise and Rummble.......through the exhaust....This 2jzgte vvti.....has a low quiet like "humming"(not untill you "TOUCHED" the peddle) then as soon as you just touched the Peddle....you are pushed back to the bucket seat....but as soon as Wheelbase found some confident and put more pressure onto the peddle then you are "pinned" to the seat....the engine is far more responsive than the 1jz(not to take anything away from the 1jz , it was a fun engine to start things off ) but to sit in this NEW E36 was mind blowing ......it's like being in side the "HULK" when he's getting Pissed....
SimonE34Offline
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Bimmerboyz Reply with quote

for those who are interested in checking out the BMW e36 2JZ gte VVTi ...wheelbase got an account on www.facebook.com user name : Whee Lbase check it out ......
SimonE34Offline
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: 2jz-gte vvti..... Reply with quote

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PRoOcGy1Pt0

check it out.......!!!!!!!
WheelbaseOffline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,
You can check this site for stills now!!!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=29736&l=15f7d&id=603990648
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: