Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1988 E24 M6 2jz Swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craigrhyneOffline
Total posts: 1
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: 1988 E24 M6 2jz Swap Reply with quote

Hello,
I am looking for some information on 2jzgte swaps. Although I have never attempted an engine conversion, I am very familiar with the 2jzgte as I have previously owned two MKIV Supras, and my dad currently owns 5 6spd TTs. As the title states, I am interested in swapping a 2jzgte into a 1988 e24 BMW M6. The plan is to use a built and possibly stroked (to help with lag as this will double as a track car) short block, built head (cams, valves, valve springs, retainers), PT67dbb turbo, aem/hks dli, v160 transmission, and possibly an after market intake manifold if space necessitates it. I am really not concerned with the mechanical aspect of the swap (plumbing & mounting engine and tranny), however, I am looking for some technical information on many of it's electrical aspects.

Questions:
1. When using the AEM ECU, is constructing the wiring harness as simple as using a pin out of the supra wiring harness and the original BMW wiring harness to connect similar wires (within reason)? Ex: Speedometer to speedometer, tach to tach, ignition to ignition.

2. Can the AEM be used to calibrate the instrument cluster?

3. None of the cars interior functions are controlled by the ecu and should still be operable, correct?

3. When doing an engine conversion, what do you guys do for power steering? Can the PS pump from the 2jz be used in conjunction with the cars original steering rack? If so, what about the A/C compressor? If not, I assume it is necessary to fabricate custom mounts for the old pumps?

4. Am I missing any major aspects of 2JZ swaps here?

Please understand that although many of these questions read as though they pertain specifically to the E24 M6, any usable input concerning the 2jz swap into other vehicles will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Craig
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: