Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

distributor question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AzBearFanOffline
Total posts: 6
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: distributor question Reply with quote

A little background: am doing a 5mge swap into an 85 p/u. I am going to be running off of propane and am doing away with the whole computer mess. The iginition is going to be a GM module and coil and a one-wire alternator. My question is: will the stock distributor function without having any signals coming in or going out?? I took it apart and it looks like it will but without having juice going through the system yet its impossible to know for sure. My whole goal with this is to keep the end product as simple as possible and to find a very simple combination for people who want to do the swap.

Thanks

Ryan
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know. It just mught be an inductive pickup like GM crank sensors. Although, cranks go around 2 times for everytime the cam goes around once. That might mess things up...still need to know when spark is though... Hmm, give it a try and let us know.
eRICKOffline
Total posts: 12
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates>??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: