Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 4Runner Won't Run...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majorezakimakOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: My 4Runner Won't Run... Reply with quote

I've completed my engine swap but I guess it isn't complete, since my engine will startup and run for 10 seconds then die. When I forced the AFM open it would idle, but If I rev it past 3000rpm or put a load on the engine it dies. I must admit I hadn't been as thorough as I had hoped witht the swap since moving and becoming a student, has made cash flow and free time a premium. I've installed the wiring exactly as detailed in this site and others. I am left believing it is a vacuum leak but I cannot find any leaks... The original supra fuel pump was used, I dont have PS lines yet, so the belt was removed from the pump. I removed the charcoal canister and have modified the intake so the element is open and the first 2 pieces of plumbing off the intake manifold have been removed. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you get this solved? Sorry for the slacking on answering the questions.
majorezakimakOffline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've had no luck in resolving this issue. I spoke to a couple of mechanics, and the general concessus without looking at it was that its either the AFM, the TPS, or some computer sensor. Being new to this area I have no support, and I now have no financial support. Oh well, I'll fight my way through this, and post what the problem actually was, in case someone else ends up in this quandary. Thank you for checking in though.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is not the TPS. It could be the AFM.

There probably is only 2 things that could cause this as far as engine sensors go.

AFM and CPS.

Other than that, it would be related to wiring of the ECU...or even a bad ECU.

I would check the AFM and CPS as it states in the Haynes manual. I have had issues similar to this and it has been the CPS. No guarantees it is your problem tough.

Make sure you have power to the 4 key points on the ECU. The furthest outside 4 on the large connector of the ECU.
majorezakimakOffline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input, I bet it has to do with the wiring of the ECU. I tried to do everything smoothly but time constraints lead to a less than perfect wiring job. I'll end up labelling everything this winter, as I won't likely be driving it with the price of gas where it is ($1.03 a litre). The engine came out of a running vehicle, so it must be an operator error. Thank you again.
majorezakimakOffline
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you again Rob. It was the wiring of the ECU. I had 12 volts at +b and +b1 as the truck started but as soon as the starter relay circuit opened it lost the voltage. I am so appreciative of your help. I hope this thread helps someone else. Or I'm just a dumba...
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob, glad you were able to find it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: