Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

engine doesnt idle up when first started

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussiepeteOffline
Total posts: 96
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: engine doesnt idle up when first started Reply with quote

after a month or so of having the engine in im still impressed with the 7mgts power but i still have a few bugs to sort out with my car,
1.when the supra first starts it runs real lumpy and idles very low it never used to do that in my 4runner ,it runs sweet but only after its been idling for about 3mins.?any ideas?
2.also when i wire up the 7mgt to get the engine trouble code light to work which wire do i use for earth.?im told its a black wire but which one?i think from memory theres three black wires.and once ive found the right wire do i just wire it up to earth out somwhere on the body?or do i have to earth it to the other terminal on the back of the warning light to complete the circuit?
3.and finally for now does my 7mgt engine computer need constant power because from what ive read it doesnt ,only the fuel injection does if ive read it right.if the computer needs constant power which wire needs to be connected up to power?im guessing if it does this is the solution to why my car runs rough to start with.
phew i hope ive covered them all,looking forward to any help,thanks guys.
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

found a severed wire,problem solved.trouble codes work fine as well.
swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then I have the same problem and figured it was this problem

exactly which wire was severed?
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pin 16 on the b1 connector i think its the ecu ignition fuse. my engine is a jap import so i hope the wiring is similar.
just found out my car is running a 4.10 l.s.d diff do you know if that makes it stronger in theory to a 4.30 or does it make it weaker?hows your car running swank?have you added any extras to it yet?
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.10 makes it stronger...4.30's make it more fun. But that is not what breaks. It actually usually wears the bearings.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 days ago my engine was running the best it ever has 100% perfect, spinning through 1st and 2nd in the dry. Now it cuts out and studders under boost. It doesnt throw any codes when this happens but when I started it this morning it threw a code 31 (AFM). Does this sound like an AFM problem? It's quite sparatic, anything above 2 grand with boost it will cut out then give me power then cut out again, most noticable in higher gears. Happens at all different boost levels and doesnt matter if its WOT or partial throttle.

I changed the igniter already so thats not it.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

could be AFM. Also might want to check your spark plug wires area...it needs to be PERFECTLY DRY. Also check your ground wire under your intake manifold.
swankOffline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I was gonna pickup a lex anyways. Can the stock accordian hose stretch over the lex afm. Mines brand new so it wont crack.
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tested the maf to see if the resistance is still in spec?
http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_096.html
swankOffline
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, good call with the spark plug valley, it was knee deep with anifreeze from when my heater hose at the back of the head blew up. You sure know these engines. Runs like a champ now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: