Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

markIII a340 trans into markII

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussiepeteOffline
Total posts: 96
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: markIII a340 trans into markII Reply with quote

im about to fit the ma70 trans into my ma61 supra and will post up any problems with doing this swap,if theres any sites that have any info on this please post up the links as any help would be greatly appreciated.since my ma61 is now fitted with the 7mgt ive noticed the a340 simply plugs into the loom provided the loom is off a auto to start with.the only part that worries me is finding out where the wires go near the shifter off the a340.these swithes im after info on..
PWR?
manual?
anyone know if these wires connect into the ecu?or do they need to connect into the transmission loom?
my parts so far
7mgt
a340 trans with shifter
e.c.t
ma70 tailshaft
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also adding this weekend large single thermo off a h.s.v ss v8 and new tacho.catch tank fitted.
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ma70 tailshaft wont directly bolt up behind the a340 trans its about 60mm too short if your doing this swap(a43dl auto to a340 auto)to make the tailshaft fit you need to have the tail shaft from the ma70 auto cut just before the universal closest to the yolk and do the same to the one from the ma61 and weld the piece cut off the ma70 to the rest of the ma61 shaft and hey presto perfect.this project was done useing an austrailan model ma61.so i hope its very similar to the american version.from what i gathered the a340 and the a43dl trans were both the same length from the bellhousing to the rear of the box.bellhousings very different in sizes.
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive run into a few snags with my a340 swap in the form of wiring.ive wired it in correctlty as far as i can understand but it shifts gears much too early somtimes its shifted into 3rd gear by 20mph,so as you could imagine its not exactly what im after.my only option now is to disconnect the e.c.t and shift manually.that gives me 1st,3rd,4th
i need to find a way so i can shift it manually but get 1st,2nd,3rd and press o/d button for top gear.the problem being as far as i can work out i need the e.c.t to be connected to get it to work that way.if any one has any links or further info can u please post up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: