Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cancer sale, Project must go.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
95sr5Offline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:25 am    Post subject: Cancer sale, Project must go. Reply with quote

Hi guys, great site. I am in Indianapolis and am halfway thru a 7mgte swap on a 95 4runner sr5. This means the engine mounts are welded but the engine was pulled to install tranny/clutch. Front has a procomp stage 2 lift to drop diff. A-arms and lift powdercoated. Manual transmission consists of supra case built with v6 internals and v6 transfer case. Last summer I had to stop working on it for family reasons and I know I can't pick it back up anytime soon. So it's got to go. Engine/tranny in back. Does not run. Any reasonable offer entertained. Feel free to ask questions.
deaths_demiseOffline
Total posts: 33
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats the trani?
95sr5Offline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toyota made three R series trannys. The 150,151 & 154. The 154 out of a supra never had a transfer case, but all the internals are the same except for gear ratio. The back plate of the trannies are also the same for all transmissions. So I took a supra R154 and had the guts of a V6 R150F installed. I then bolted the transfer case to the end of the transmission. This way I did not have to make a custom bellhousing. The drawback is the first gear is 3.83 and the transfer case is chain driven, just like a V6. It would have been more desirable to install turbo 4cylinder tranny gears, but I work with what I had. I would be willing to part this project out, so if you need a part let me know. I just don't have the time to finish or the money to pay someone. Both my time and money are going elsewhere right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: