Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

blew my MLS head gasket???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
7myotamane
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: blew my MLS head gasket??? Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Well, my first gasket was the crap one that comes in the complete engine kits and that thing went in less than a week. When i tore it down the rear cylinder head bolts were not to even close to the updated torque spec ( 70 something pounds, can't recall off the top of my head) so I figured that it was something i did wrong. For the second gasket i didn't want to go cheap again so i bought a titan motorsports 1.4mm MLS bead type gasket and finished that off with ARP head studs torqed to i believe 83 foot pounds. That set up worked great up until about three days ago when i started over heating which was probably caused from my coolant resivour getting a hole in it god only knows when Sad . I am thinking that it went day in and day out loosing a little coolant at a time from each driving cycle and finally got to low and overheated. My question is that my engine when it overheated got up to 250 degrees two days in a row, would that be the reason why it blew the gasket??? I ran really good up until then and even now it still runs and not blowing coolant out the exhaust like the cheap gasket the first time. Any recommendations from anybody would be greatly appreciated.
swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get the block decked?
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check for a cracked head or block. Not very common, but it has happend. Make sure your deck is strait, and not pitted too badly, as this will get you a BHG.

Also did you get the head resurfaced...if you didn't, well, that is a no-no.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: