Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

88 toyota pickup 1jz swap

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuLLiVaN88Offline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: 88 toyota pickup 1jz swap Reply with quote

alright ive been back and forth about wat to do with my motor. I currently have a 88 toyota pickup 4x4 with a rebuilt 22re as we all know these motors are great and reliable but i want something with a little more giddy up. i've been torn between swappin in the 7mgte or the 1jz. i kinda have been leaning towards the 1jz mainly because my brother already has the 7mgte in his 87 supra.

so basically im tryin to find out wat all i need to get as far as parts when doing this swap besides the obvious motor?

also i read on another forum sum guy said that the 1jz would bolt to my stock bellhousing so idk how true that is
pimpy riderOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1j/2j won't bolt on to the stock bellhousing. But i can't see any reason why you couldn't use a 1j/2j with your stock w56 transmission. The bellhousing you would need is from a non turbo jz supra (w58 tranny in those). I am interested exactly how much longer the jz is than the m engine. I have the 7m in my 88 and i think someday i would like to do a jz swap. 7mgte swap is too easy.
SuLLiVaN88Offline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah the 7m swap is still badass, but like i said my brother has it in his car lol. but i was reading sum where that the 1j is sumwhere around 29.5 inches and idk about the 7m
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: