Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

toyota tranny similarities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lews9146Offline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: toyota tranny similarities Reply with quote

First time poster so not sure where to post this. here goes. I am hoping to find a manual toyota tranny that shares the same bell housing and input shaft diamtetr as the 22r pick up trucks. I need the tranny to be a little longer though. here's my swap

I have a Mazda rx7 and planning to swap a VW 1.9 td into it. Acme adapters has a plate that will allow me to bolt a toyota tranny to the VW motor. The problem is the position of the shifter on the toyota tranny. I need a toyota tranny with the shifter set further toward the tail shaft.

Mazda trany= 32" total and shifter about 31" from bell housing

Toyota tranny = 29" total and shifter at 24 1/2 from bell housing.

Any help would be great

thanks in advance

lewis
lews9146Offline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone?

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> General Swap chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: