Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Safe Boost Levels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Performance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeOffline

Total posts: 272
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Safe Boost Levels Reply with quote

What is a safe boost level when running a new, factory toyota head gasket?
I replaced my hg before installing the motor, and I have about 6k on it now. I finally got around to installing a boost gage this weeekend, and to my GREAT surprise, it consistently boosts to 10 psi, and so far the most I have seen is 14psi (third gear). This brings up a number of concerns for me, but the first is whether my head gasket will hold up to this abuse.
Yoda_ManOffline
Total posts: 30
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you running an intercooler? for the pic i don't see one it may not be such a good idea. do you have a exhaust temp gauge? ive been running mine around 14psi without any issues for 8months with a genuine toyota hg w/o intercooler. my safcII has a knock sensor reading that i sometimes watch
MikeOffline

Total posts: 272
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 4runner is torn apart right now, but I have half a duramax diesel IC core that I will make end tanks for and install so it should be fine. I will also have an upgraded turbo, 550cc injectors and ls400 housing. I'll keep the boost levels below 15 psi until I get a mhg, egt, and poss some fuel adjustability.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Performance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: