Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change in plans
Goto page Previous   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am actually looking into it right now. I just dissalowed the guest account, but I don't know if that worked. Want to try again to post at guest?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

test
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got my hands on a timing light today and found out I was set at 15 degrees Shocked no wonder this thing goes like a bat out of hell. But it still has lots of power down low. When I change it to 10-12 degrees it stumbles and doesnt idle very well at all. I was wondering if the accuracy of the timing has changed since I resurfaced the head and am using a stock HG, or does this have any bearing on timing?

Im running 94 only until the IC goes in.
aussiepeteOffline
Total posts: 96
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id do a cylinder compression test just to check after shaving the head in case they got a bit excited with it.hey i love your work im hoping to get mine this weekend coming,did you have much trouble getting it in?how did you sort out the oil pickup length difference?did you use the 5m radiator?if so does it get hot?and i like your turbo dump pipe,is that one of robs creations?
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you buy the turbo elbow from?i cant seem to find a site that sells them in stainless?
swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-92-TOYOTA-SUPRA-TURBO-DOWN-PIPE-O2-HOUSING-COMBO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33630QQitemZ8020631545QQrdZ1

Sorry should have posted this earlier, ended on the 16th. This was the second time they put it up on ebay so they may put it up again. Swap is very straight forward minus the wiring. I'm using the 5m rad and havn't overheated it, but my temp guage doesn't work and its been quite cold here.
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my engine is now in i should have it running tomorrow,i found a bit of a hurdle for right hand drive cars,the steering shaft is almost directly under the turbo dump pipe,pain in the bum as i already had a dump pipe left over from 4 runner swap.need to make a custom one.i measured the 5m auto radiator against the 7mgt radiator and they were both the same size.just in case it does run warm i added a large pwr oil cooler just in front of air con condensor.about to add a 600mmx300mmx65mm intercooler and it looks like theres plenty of room behind the front grill.although it will have to sit low.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

!!!!damn they go hard,my intercooler still hasnt arrived so im hooked straight off the turbo to the inlet for the time being,even so, if you plant it in drive(its an auto)it fishtails up the street.dont know how strong the 5m transmission is,or the diff for that matter ,guess time will tell.
swankOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, these cars are definitely sweet, I've gotten a few strange looks as I've rocketed past mustangs and z28's, but now I suffer from a little inconvenience called rod knock Rolling Eyes
swankOffline
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally someone other than myself posted as a guest
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what caused the rod knock?do you know if the 7mgt oxy sensor needs a certain amount of back pressure to read correctly?could this be a problem with the larger 3 inch straight through exhausts?the reason i ask is im in the process of having a 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust fitted with a custom dump pipe.hoping to tune it in by this weekend ....yeah it was great being a guest for a day,my fault though i didnt log in.sorry rob...also do you know how adjust the L.S.D diff ?while it was on the hoist getting the exhaust fitted i noticed i could somtimes spin one wheel and the other wouldnt move but every now and again it would spin..is there a way to adjust this problem.
swankOffline
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was over revving a bit cause the streets are slick as hell. The headgasket was blown when I took the engine apart so I'm sure that was a big factor.

I have 3" straight through mandrel bent side exit with no cat and no muffler and the OX sensor works fine.

As for the LSD, its normal for both wheels to not spin when off the ground on old supras as the clutches are pretty worn out. Only new LSDs will spin both wheels. When the wheels are on the ground theres enough force on the clutches to lock them up unless they are very worn.
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just got the car back from the exhaust shop the full mandrel bent exhaust cost more than i anticipated so i wasnt able to register the car for another week,it didnt stop me taking it for a hot lap i found the 5m auto is not up to the task it was ok to start with but after about 10 minutes started to smell like it was hot and started behaving like a pig.ill try dropping the original 7mgt auto in and see if it fairs any better..
swankOffline
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just drop in a W58. Easy to do, holds 300+ hp, and is waaaaaaay funner to drive.
aussiepeteOffline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah id love one but by the time i get a clutch bellhousing and w58 its about $1200.00 over here in australia,so im actually trying to track down a second supra just for parts ,every so often i see them for sale for about $500.00 with blown 5mg engines.that way i get crossmember as well as pedal assembly and clutch master and clutch slave cylinder.just priced a MSD tach adapter to make the existing factory tacho work its gonna cost $89.00 au.did you use one of these?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> MKII supra swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous   Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: