Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

87' ext. cab 4*4-7mge
Goto page Previous   Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes this is true. It does add to the cost, but will save you in the long run from being stranded or destroying your motor.
SchrickerOffline
Total posts: 20
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow what a time ive goon through with this swap i spun a rod bearing about 2 months ago ordered a new motor off ebay now its finally up and running well my old motor burned a quart of oil every 500 miles so i never had to change the oil cool huh now everything better than before i had some abrasion problems with the back heater hoses on the fire wall and some vacuum hoses where leaking then before i spun a rod bearing i took the truck through a big mud hole and every spark plug hole was filled with water and the truck was cross firing bad for a while still a fun truck for climing hills i now also have 13,000 miles with the 7mge swap.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so everything is great now?

I would like to develop a water tight(or water deflecting) cover to go over the 7M valve covers. I hate how crap can get in there. I like how they fixed that in the 2JZ.

I reccommend getting some of the silicion wire sealer desiged to help make spark plug wires whater tight.
SchrickerOffline
Total posts: 20
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe im just really bored well im avaerage 15mpg everywhere cause thats the kind of driving i do then i think i have about 220hp with the k&n and the electric fan i dunno the motors all stock with the 2 1/4" exhaust but my goal when i started this whole project was reliability dependabilitly and most important toyota durability trust me you can get completely crazy with building up a project but when your stranded it sucks it happened to me when working all the bugs out of this swap (heater hose for one then wiring cause i started half a$$ing do it right the first time and researce now everything is 100% i wanted to go turbo but knew it would get out of hand cause boost is addictive plus the cost then im glad i didn't do the total chaos kit cause i probably wouldn't have a truck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Results of swaps All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous   Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: