Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7mgte to 22re wiring
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr85yotabeastOffline
Total posts: 80
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: 7mgte to 22re wiring Reply with quote

Has anybody successfully wired a 89 7mgte to 22re? I've been having some trouble (like i suspect many do) with this. I'm havingtrouble with the connectors by the ecu (the ones that dont plug into the ecu). If i new exactly what components needed to be spliiced in or wired, i might be able to figure it out by the wiring diagrams. I just have no idea what goes where
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:23 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is the wiring write-up for the 88 and older 7m wiring harness, exactly the same as the write up for the 89 and newer 7m wiring harness?
sportcustomOffline
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had some trouble with all the wiring too. Mine is a 1990 7mgte in an 87 4runner. If you want to call me next time you work on it maybe I can lend you a hand. Ross 970 827 5448
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are almost the same. Colors on th e 89-newer 7M harnesses are the same, but the pinouts are different.
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: rob Reply with quote

I sent you an email about an error I found with the wiring write ups. Did you receive it?
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: ross Reply with quote

ill probably giving you a call this week..i'm halfway done with the wiring. just have a few more things to do.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no I didn't, what address did you send it to?
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: email Reply with quote

i emailed you at:

email me at robertj@linux4free.com for any comments or questions
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: here is the email i sent Reply with quote

Hey Rob,

I think I found out why I was getting messed up. On your main page of supracharged, in the wiring section, I think there is an error. The link for "1985-1989 22RE instructions using 88-older 7m ecu/harness" takes you to " Wiring your 22RE 89-95 Toyota truck or 4Runner conversions using an 88-older 7M ECU and harness" and the link "1985-1989 22RE instructions using 89-newer 7m ecu/harness" takes you to
"Wiring your 22RE 89-95 Toyota truck or 4Runner conversions using an 89-newer 7M ECU and harness" Also, it seems that these two pages are exactly the same, but I don't know if they are supposed to be. A while ago i printed up a wiring page in the same area called " Wiring your 22re 85-89 toyota truck or 4runner conversions" under the section "wiring your 7m supra swap" This seemed to be the correct one for an 88-older 7m ecu/wiring harness. Do you have the correct write up on 85-89 22re using 89-newer 7m ecu/wiring harness? Anyway, I figure out what the difference was and I believe i have most my wiring done! I just had a few quick questions. First of all, i have a 85 toyota 4x4, I'm putting in a 89-newer 7mgte ecu/wiring harness.

1. My HAC sensor has only three prongs for a female connector....I dont see a connector like that on the wiring harness..do you know where the HAC hooks up to?

2. On my B1 connector I have three large gauge wires. One is Black/ White and one is Black/ Blue. My wiring harness is out of an Auto. Do I connect the large gauge Black/ Blue wire from my B1 connector to the large gauge Black/White wire on the tranny connectors, then connect the large gauge Black/ White wire at the B1 connector to the large gauge black wire on the N2 connector? do i have that right?

3. For the starter, I have a large gauge black wire that i believe clips into the side of the starter (to a one prong connector) then i have 2brown and 2white/black wires that are connected together by a connector that slip onto the copper stud that comes out of the starter, is that right?

4. Under the "component power" section you say to get power from a black/red wire from the injector resistor. I have 4 wires. 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 black, 1 black/orange at the injector resistor.......?

5. Under your "B+ power" section you say to connect the black wire on the v(1) connector to a black/red wire on the b1 connector. I have two black/red wires, one is a smaller gauge and the other is a larger gauge. Do you know which one of these black/red wires i should tap into?

I appreciate all your help and your going out of your way.......I'm almost there!

Sorry for the huge email
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, I had my links wrong. Sorry about that.

Fixed now.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: here is the email i sent Reply with quote

jr85yotabeast wrote:
Hey Rob,

1. My HAC sensor has only three prongs for a female connector....I dont see a connector like that on the wiring harness..do you know where the HAC hooks up to?

Only on GTE harness does this have it, and it is near the ECU.

Quote:

2. On my B1 connector I have three large gauge wires. One is Black/ White and one is Black/ Blue. My wiring harness is out of an Auto. Do I connect the large gauge Black/ Blue wire from my B1 connector to the large gauge Black/White wire on the tranny connectors, then connect the large gauge Black/ White wire at the B1 connector to the large gauge black wire on the N2 connector? do i have that right?

No, find the 2 wires on the tranny connectors, and just splice them together. Don't run a wire from the B1 connector to the tranny connector. Other than that, you have it right.

Quote:

3. For the starter, I have a large gauge black wire that i believe clips into the side of the starter (to a one prong connector) then i have 2brown and 2white/black wires that are connected together by a connector that slip onto the copper stud that comes out of the starter, is that right?

no. The only wire that goes into the starter is that one large guage. I don't know what the others are for. Are they just dangling there? Picture maybe?

Quote:

4. Under the "component power" section you say to get power from a black/red wire from the injector resistor. I have 4 wires. 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 black, 1 black/orange at the injector resistor.......?

Not from the injector resitor, NEAR the injector resistor. But that isn't "Component Power" The other connector near the injector resistor are the M-REL(which you don't need) and the B+, which you can get from the B1(7)(on an 88-oder harness) connector too.

Quote:

5. Under your "B+ power" section you say to connect the black wire on the v(1) connector to a black/red wire on the b1 connector. I have two black/red wires, one is a smaller gauge and the other is a larger gauge. Do you know which one of these black/red wires i should tap into?

Use the small guage. Large guage would probably be starter. Toyota really experimented with the colors of wire to use for the starter signal.

Hope this helps. I also *just* updated the insructions to help clarify some of this too.
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: hac sensor Reply with quote

Im begining to think that some vehicles didnt have the HAC sensor because my harness is out of a 89-newer 7mgte and there is no three prong connector near the ecu. I went to the dealer and checked the part number of the hac sensor that i bought from someone, and the dealer said it was from an 87-88. Maybe some of the 89-newer 7mgte didnt come with a HAC sensor..
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: just to clarify Reply with quote

So just to clarify so I dont blow something up. I need to connect the large gauge Black/ White wire at the B1 connector to the large gauge black wire on the N2 connector?
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Rob Reply with quote

So just to clarify so I dont blow something up. I need to connect the large gauge Black/ White wire at the B1 connector to the large gauge black wire on the N2 connector?
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds good to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: