Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions for Rob(or anyone who knows the answer)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr85yotabeastOffline
Total posts: 80
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Questions for Rob(or anyone who knows the answer) Reply with quote

Rob,
A while ago I printed up your wiring instructions entitled "Wiring your 22re 85-89 Toyota truck or 4Runner conversion." It seems these instruction has since been updated or changed, because they are no longer available on the website. Anyway, I had a question about the following section:
Quote:

Large Yellow Connector (B1)

Component power

There should be two black/orange wires on the B1 connector. One should be large gauge, the other should be small. The small gauge black/orange (could be grey instead) wire is your ignition switch wire B1(9), and will be dealt with later. The other thick gauge black/orange wire B1(14) supplies power to most of your engine components. You have to pull this from the engine compartment, as the 22re connectors did not pull component power through the engine harness. The best place to get this power is from the injector resistor originally located on the passenger side fender. It looks similar to an ignitor. This wire will be a black/red wire and you will need to tap into this (you could use the connector off the resistor),and run a wire back through the firewall and connect it to B1(14).

I have a 89-newer 7mgte harness. The injector resistor has 4 wires going to it (yellow,red,black,black orange). The only black/red wires I see by that part of the engine harness are a smaller gauge black/red wire that goes to the diagnostic connector, and a thicker gauge black,red wire that goes to the C1 connector(I believe). Can you shed some light on this?

swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The larger unknown connector is for a noise supressor and the other one is some accessory bullshit. Both are not needed.
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to respond man. Sportcustom (Ross) helped me out with the issue. I needed to connect the thick gauge black/orange wire from the B1 connector to THE WIRE (BLACK/YELLOW) THAT CONNECTS TO THE LARGE FINNED RESISTOR ON THE PASSENGER FENDER WELL ON MY 85 YOTA 4X4. This is a wire that will deliver switched power to the black orange on the b1 connecter. I have a hard time when instructions arent specific.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What part did you need to be more specific, and I will see what I can do to the instructions to make them better.
KMANOffline
Total posts: 22
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh great, I wired this wrong and the truck runs fine Shocked

That is the damn injector resistor connector I did not have on my first harness.
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
I was just confused because in the section:
Quote:

Large Yellow Connector (B1)

Component power

There should be two black/orange wires on the B1 connector. One should be large gauge, the other should be small. The small gauge black/orange (could be grey instead) wire is your ignition switch wire B1(9), and will be dealt with later. The other thick gauge black/orange wire B1(14) supplies power to most of your engine components. You have to pull this from the engine compartment, as the 22re connectors did not pull component power through the engine harness. The best place to get this power is from the injector resistor originally located on the passenger side fender. It looks similar to an ignitor. This wire will be a black/red wire and you will need to tap into this (you could use the connector off the resistor),and run a wire back through the firewall and connect it to B1(14).

I was thinking you were saying to get switched power (for the large gauge Black/Orange wire on the B1 connector) from a wire near the injector resistor from the supra harness. I didn't get that you were talking about the resistor on the truck passenger side fenderwell. It all makes sense now. I'm just one of those guys who needs details. I'm sure you could do this swap with your eyes closed, but some things in you write up were a little confusing to me. I'll see if i can make some clarification suggestions later for people who are like I am.....

KMAN: I'm sure you didnt wire it wrong, you probabaly just wired it different. From what I understand, your all clear as long as that black/orange (large gauge) on the B1 connector gets switched power. I got my wiring done, but I need the turbo intake tube (probably will have to get it from the dealer), exaust, IC piping before i start it.
swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to get the accordian intake hose for a 1990 Supra as they are a lot cheaper than the earlier models.

Good idea to get this part new.
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: crap Reply with quote

I already bought a slightly used one for $50 shipped. Hey do you know where the hoses go that connect into the accordian hose? Have a pic?
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the back one goes to the PVC. the middle one goes to either the BOV or the ICS and then the front one goes to the BOV or ICS. I could be wrong, but they are only ment to go to one of those so you can't relly mix them up. And if you do, it doesn't matter.

The small one underneath goes to the power steering idle up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: