Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

almost done! but not quite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr85yotabeastOffline
Total posts: 80
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: almost done! but not quite Reply with quote

Ok so I have a few more questions

My truck is an 85 toyota(efi) 4x4 with a 7mgte in it

1. My cam position sensor has a single connector with 4 wires( 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 light brown). What does it connect to. I looked at another supra and it looked like the wires connected to the AFM? Any insight?

2. Just want to make sure the coil packs are connected right. I have it connected to a square connector that seemed like it was right for it but dont know for sure. The light brown wire from the coil packs is connected to the yellow wire from the square connector, he green wire from the coil packs is connected to the black/orange wire from the square connector, the black wire from the coil packs is connected to the blue/red wire from the square connector, and the white wire from the coil packs is connected to the blue/yellow wire from the square connector. Is this right?

3. When I turn my ignition to the on position I only read power from 1 wire (black/green) from the EFI relay. Is that right? I was trying to find my B+ wire on my V connector. The write up says that I will have power to a black wire on the V connector when the ignition is on, but when I remove the EFI relay, that black wire will no longer have power. I have two black wires on my V connector and neither of them has power. I have a red/yellow wire and a white/blue wire that has power with the ignition on ,but when I remove the EFI main, they both still have power. Any thoughts?
KMANOffline
Total posts: 22
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the (2) black wires you described.
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: all figured out Reply with quote

I got this all figured out. Sport custom helped me figure out the coil pack wiring and cam position sensor wiring. My problem with the v connector was fixed pretty easily. Sport custom informed me that the ecu needed to be connected for these two black wires to have power. The write up says that this can be checked with the ecu disconnected......
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on how you have it hooked up and how you have the efi main hooked up.

If you have done nothing yet, then it can be tested without the ECU being connected.

Glad you got it running.
jr85yotabeastOffline
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha! I figured that out the hard way. All good now though....just waiting for a few more things. I can almost taste it! Thx!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: