Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

95 4runner 7mgte
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
95runnerOffline
Total posts: 4
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: 95 4runner 7mgte Reply with quote

Hey,

My 4runner was the last swap done by Rob. Its listed in his swaps.

for sale now...make offer

95 black 4runner with 7mgte swap
top mounted intercooler with hood scoop and vents
2 in body lift
32" bfg muds
ill list more info if interested
stone4x4Offline
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lets see some pics how much $$$
95runnerOffline
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/497910

Here are pics.
dont have a garage or time to work on it anymore.
Will sell for good price.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when do you need to sell it by? I would actually like to buy it, but won't be able to for at least a month.
95runnerOffline
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ill wait to sell it to you if you want it. Just let me know.
jharkOffline
Total posts: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he ends up not wanting it or you need to sell it right away please email me. I want this truck!
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go ahead and sell it to the next buyer. I will buy it if it is availble when I have money.
95runnerOffline
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$4000 obo unless Rob buys it...I just need to get rid of it now
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife won't let me have it. Sad

Guys, this is a really good deal. The swap has already been done with intercooler and everything. If my wife would let me, I would get it.
fahrenheit 451Offline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'll get in trouble for saying this, but too bad it's a turbo. I think I'd be all over this otherwise assuming the rest of the truck is in good shape. I have a plain jane '93 4Runner I want to put a 7mge in and this would sure be a whole lot easier. I'd still wind up having to do a swap though. Although, I guess it would be easier than starting from scratch Wink
I'm in Grand Junction, also known as "The city with the junkyards with no Toyotas in them."
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so why wouldn't you want a turbo?
fahrenheit 451Offline
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperRunner wrote:
so why wouldn't you want a turbo?

Ok, after typing a nice long and lucid reply, my son came up and drove a toy car across the keyboard. Funny how he can figure out keyboard shortcuts that Microsoft never designed....so, let's try this again.
Two words, simplicity and necessity. All I want/need is a basic setup with decent low end torque and horsepower to carry the weight of the truck and three people's camping/hiking gear (one of them being an infant which requires twice as much gear as either of us Wink ).
High horsepower always carries its own baggage. Namely, usually poor(er) gas mileage, higher maintenance and difficulty/complexity of repair. My goal is to wind up with the vehicle Toyota should have built in the first place; essentially, a 4 door '85 4Runner with an ordinary fuel injected straight 6 motor. Decent hp and relatively easy to work on.
More info would be forthcoming, but Ben won't leave me alone and I've had to type some of this for a third time now and I give up... Rolling Eyes
MikeOffline

Total posts: 272
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a debate that will go on forever, but you can have a high degree of reliability and good fuel economy with a turbocharged engine, all you have to do is refrain from pushing the limits. If you had 7mgte running stock boost with no IC (lower complexity/easier to work on), you should be able to get better fuel economy than with the 7mge and if you need/want the extra power on occasion it is right there waiting for you. One thought for you, the numbers for the 7mge are not that impressive - 200hp and 185 lbft torque. The 3.4 makes 190hp and 225 lbft torque, so it actually ends up feeling more gutsy to drive in my opinion, at least at lower rpm because of the torque. A friend of mine even went as far as to say that the 3.0 felt about the same to drive as my 4runner with 7mge (which I disagree with), but it points out that there is not a huge difference. All that being said, I will have a 1st gen 4runner for sale soon with a 7mge in it if that is really what you are set on.
fahrenheit 451Offline
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
One thought for you, the numbers for the 7mge are not that impressive - 200hp and 185 lbft torque. ... All that being said, I will have a 1st gen 4runner for sale soon with a 7mge in it if that is really what you are set on.

Well after having driven Toyota 4cyls for the last 17-18yrs those numbers sound wicked good to me LOL! I don't need a rocket.
My '85 4Runner has an LCE EFI Pro 22re in it, big bore throttle body, headers, 2.25" exhaust and probably puts out only about 130hp and it is pretty much all I need except for being short 2 doors.
However, the LCE motor and surrounding bits (new distributor, new balanced injectors, 30lb fly wheel, heavy duty clutch, blah, blah, blah...) put me back around $4500 and that is one dance I'm not interested in partnering up with again. With a number of posters on boards around the net saying they've managed to get the 7mge swap done for around $2k it sounds pretty promising.
Also, I've gone the "more hp than it was designed for route" once long ago and learned my lesson. I like the sound. I like the kick in the pants. I can't leave it alone. I don't like paying to put it back together.
If it was just pure HP I was after, I'd have kept my old 79 1/2 ton Ford 4x4 that had a 428cj motor in it. Got a heck of a deal on it, bought it, got lucky and kept my license after losing my common sense on a regular basis. Sold it.
All I want is to essentially have my '85 4Runner with 4 doors and a little more pony. I just wish Toyota had built it in the first place Wink
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fahrenheit 451"]
Mike wrote:
I just wish Toyota had built it in the first place Wink

I second that.

Really the biggest problem with the 7M, is the clearance. You really have to do some custom work to get the A/C, and the radiator to work well. You really need a custom radiator. I have tried a few different kinds, and they work well, but I know custom would be even better.

I am currently doing a 3.4 swap, and so far, it really doesn't seem any easier than a 7M swap. At least with the 7M swap, you don't have to cut a hole in the hood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> For Sale All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: