Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me map out these wires! Need 100bux?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XIHOffline
Total posts: 14
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Help me map out these wires! Need 100bux? Reply with quote

OK, so I could use some help here

This is from a 1982 supra with a 85 motor swapped in.

For all of the following I cut the VBH 6-12 inches from where it plugs into the Engine harness so I could retain the plugs..

The 9pin plug coming from the VBH(Vehicle Body Harness) and plugging into CPU has the following wires:

-----------
|1|2|3|4|5|
-----------
|6|7|x|8|9|
-----------
1. Black
2. Grey
3. Black w/ yellow stripe
4. Black w/ yellow stripe(slightly larger guage than others)
5. Black (slightly larger guage thanothers)
6. brown
7. Yellow w/ green stripe
8. Blue w/ red stripe
9. Peach

8 pin plug(again this is the wires coming from the vbh plug):

-------------
|1|2|3|4|5|6|
-------------
| 7 |x| 8 |
-------------

1. Grey
2. Green w/ red stripe
3. Brown
4. Empty
5. Brown
6. Yellow w/ black stripe
7. Blue w/ black Stripe
8. Large Guage Black w/ white stripe

9 pin plug(again this is the wires coming from the vbh plug):

-----------
|1|2|x|3|4|
-----------
|5|6|7|8|9|
-----------

1. Yellow
2. Empty
3. Black
4. Black w/ white Stripe
5. White w/ Blue Stripe
6. Empty
7. Large Guage Black
8. black w/ white stripe
9. Yellow w/ green stripe

If anyone knows what the wires go to you would save me a ton of work tracing them all back. Or if anyone knows where I can find a wiring diagram online that even comes close to the give colors.

Now for the cash money part. If someone knows the exact wires to hook up between the above harness and the harness in my 1987 runner 22re manual. I will paypal you 100bux or make a donation in your name to this site.

Basically what I am looking for is someone to cheat for me . I can probably figure it all out but I want to do the swap over the period of one week so the time savings of having someone who has been there lay it out for me if well worth it.

Something like this:

Supra 9pin ecu plug

-----------
|1|2|3|4|5|
-----------
|6|7|x|8|9|
-----------
1. Black-is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
2. Grey-is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
3. Black w/ yellow stripe-is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
4. Black w/ yellow stripe(slightly larger guage than others)is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
5. Black (slightly larger guage thanothers)is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
6. brown -is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
7. Yellow w/ green stripe-is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
8. Blue w/ red stripe-is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
9. Peach-is for"*" splice this into the "*" wire in the "*"pin runner vbh plug
XIHOffline
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like my 85 motor is hooked to a 82 cpu which is entirely different than other years. Here is the CPU pinout. Looking at the wiring diagrams for this hear it looks to be even closer to how my 87 22re is setup. The bad being that the harness isn't as segmented as the later versions with all the headlight retractor wires and other misc engine bay items mixed in. So to clean things up a bit I am going to pull all non engine related items from the harness, do the same for my 22re harness and then just match up what I need to to integrate the two harnesses together. I haven't decided which engine fuse/junction block to use just yet. But at least I have finally found a good wiring diagram for it and it is all falling into place finally.

Here is a pinout diagram I found for this year cpu.

The 100 dollar offer is still in place if someone wants to make life easy for me...calling f0ggy....
XIHOffline
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is you guys opinion of using the one efi main relay on the runner instead of hooking up the two that the supra has?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: