Home Page www.supracharged.com
This forum is for information on Supra Swaps

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pulling 7mgte : what electricals to get ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2446Offline
Total posts: 3
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: pulling 7mgte : what electricals to get ? Reply with quote

Hi all, sorry for my newbie question but I'm as clueless as it get when it comes to EFI and petrol engines.
So I bought a '89 turbo supra I needed some tranny parts out of. Now the shell is sold and is getting picked up soon. I'm keeping the 7mgte for a possible futeure swap.
My question is, Are there any additionnal harnesses I should pull out of the donor that I would need later down the road, assuming the engine would be going into something that comes with zero electronics in it ? I obviously pulled the engine harness and ECU from aboe the glove box, should I pull the meter harness out as well (is it separate ?) or anything else like more relays and such ? I don't want to have to chase down parts when I get around to using the engine in a year or two, and I'd like to avoid pulling the whole dash apart if I can ?
Any hints are welcome. The car is RHD if that matters.
Many thanks
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
Total posts: 942
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just cut the connectors that plug into the engine harness. that will make it easier for you to build a plug'n'play harness instead of splicing into the harnesses.

If it is an auto, and you are planning on doing an auto swap, you need to get as much harness as you can for the ECT. It connects through the body harness so it makes it a little difficult to cut out. If you are going manual, don't worry about that.
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, also get the yellow connector by the igniter. And of course the igniter itself, the injector resistor and the HAC sensor in the glove box.
2446Offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally pulled the dash anyway, I don't think I would have been able tu use the original combination meter so eventually I just cut the connectors everywhere the engine plugged in. I did not find an HAC box though, maybe the euro- models don't have it, the only box behind the glove box was plugged into the climate control plant.
Thanks for the tips, I will post some buildup info and more questions whevever I get around to actually doing something with the engine
Mr. Green
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That climate control thing is probably the HAC sensor. Just a small little 2 wire black sensor, looks almost like a VSV or MAP sensor without any hose connectors on it.
2446Offline
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the climate control thing was a plastic box just like a "relay" or "control" box but with nothing written on it.
It had a 8 or 10 wire rectangular connector, the wires went straight into the vent / A/C assy. There was nothing like what you are describing, heck that's one less thing to worry about for the wiring Mr. Green

thanks
SuperRunnerOffline
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I was talking about something that plugs into the engine harness.

It won't effect the way it runs unless you are above 5,000 feet. You will throw an error code for not having it, but it will not effect the way it runs.
swankOffline
Total posts: 92
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its an '89 so there shouldn't be an external HAC sensor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.supracharged.com Forum Index -> Electrical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: